How to store Blue heaven leaven prior to finish baking:
Par baked loaves can be refrigerated or, better yet, frozen until you are ready to bake them off.
How to finish bake your Par Baked loaf of blue heaven leaven:
- If frozen, allow the loaf to thaw at room temperature in the original plastic bag.
- Preheat your oven to 390 degrees and bake the loaf for 25-30 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the finish baked loaf should be 205 degrees.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 1-2 hours before eating, if you can stand to wait that long!
- OR, if you prefer not to bake your whole loaf, you can store in the refrigerator & slice and toast as you go along.
HOW TO STORE BLUE HEAVEN LEAVEN after FINISH BAKING:
Finish baked loaves should be stored in paper at room temperature if the loaf will be consumed within a day after it is baked. Otherwise it keeps well (as long as a week at a cool room temp) in plastic. You will probably notice that naturally leavened bread is much slower to mold than typical fast-processed breads!